Frequently Asked Questions
WHY HIRE A PHOTO ORGANIZER?
Over a trillion photos are taken around the world each year and that number is climbing. People are feeling overwhelmed with their digital collections, as well as their boxes of printed photos as we straddle the printed and digital age of photography. As a result, the online photo business has exploded with companies vying for your attention and they are coming and going like crazy. In this climate, here is how a Professional Photo Organizer can add value:
· We can help you weed through the choices and determine the best solutions for you, whether it is how to organize, store, preserve or backup your collection or how to tell your story for your children, grandchildren or clients. We are forever learners and stay up on the latest trends and companies you can trust with your photos.
· Your time is valuable. In the time it takes for you to figure out how to get started, we can be well on our way to getting it done. We have tools and technology to make things go faster, and we are trained and experienced in the most efficient and effective photo organizing processes available on the market today.
· Photos are VERY personal and in this day and age, you need to be able to trust who has access to your photos and what they are doing with them. We know the pitfalls that people fall into. We work hard to earn your trust and are very selective about the partners we use and recommend to our clients.
· Your memories and stories are valuable. We spend our spare time learning about and creating interesting and powerful ways to tell your stories. As with many professionals, we have some cool tricks up our sleeves that we're dying to share with you!
· Bottom line…we can help you get it done. For so many of our clients, whether it’s the time or the technology, they are stuck. Some need us to take it off their hands and just do it and others need us to coach them through it. Either way…we set goals and we get it done.
What types of clients do you work with?
We love to work with clients that have a lifetime of photos that they are ready to move forward on organizing, preserving and sharing. Our clients love and value their memories and they are willing to invest in them. They aren’t looking for the least expensive option, but someone that truly cares about making sure that their family’s memories are preserved in a way that will take them into the next generation. Our clients trust us to provide the best solution to fit their needs.
How much will it cost for you to organize my photos?
Unfortunately, this isn’t a quick and easy answer because every client’s collection is unique. Here’s the challenge…we never know what we are going to find until we start working with your photos. Cost is driven by the size and complexity of the collection and most people have no idea how many photos they have.
During your free phone consultation, we will get to know each other and share our process. If you decide to move forward, we will schedule an initial session. During this session, we will spend time learning about your photos, setting goals and developing an organization plan which will help us to give you additional information on costs for your project.
Our goal is to be as efficient as possible in curating your collection. We give you options throughout the process and keep you updated along the way.
Why hire Capture Your Photos to scan my photos?
There are several options for getting your photos scanned. Here is what CYP can offer you:
We're local - no sending your only copy of your memories into the unknown.
We use professional scanning equipment, providing you with a higher quality scan
We provide full-service care to your photos including basic color correction, renaming them (e.g. they won’t be named Scan84938938294847.jpg), and returning them in the same order as you delivered them. We also provide services such as removing them from albums (and returning them if need be), tagging them, dating them, setting up an online photo gallery for sharing, and creating slideshows. Our goal is to help you preserve them in a way that the next generation can know your story.
We save you time. Most DIY solutions are extremely time consuming.
To be fair, our professional scanning services may be slightly more per scan than some other solutions, however, our clients love the quality, the full-service aspect of our work and value the time they save.
HOW CAN YOU ORGANIZE MY PHOTOS WHEN YOU DON’T KNOW THE PEOPLE IN THEM?
You would be surprised at the commonalities that exist in our photos. Because of this, we can set up systems and processes for anyone. With that said, we also spend time getting to know you, your family, your pets, etc. Our job is to expedite the process, help you focus, and set up systems that can easily be maintained going forward.
How do I maintain my collection once it’s organized?
We will provide a maintenance checklist to guide you in keeping things neat and tidy or we can do it for you. If you get behind, no worries, just give us a call. We’ll talk more about maintenance options as we get closer to the completion of your project.
I HAVE OLD FAMILY PHOTOS, HOW CAN YOU HELP ME WITH THOSE?
We understand the value of preserving family memories. First, we discuss your goals. These might include getting your photos or memorabilia organized for sharing with family members, scanning, creating albums, displays or restoring them. We can help with all of the above!
I HAVE OLD VIDEOS OF MY KIDS AND FILM FROM WHEN I WAS A KID, CAN YOU HELP ME TRANSFER THAT TO SOMETHING THAT I CAN SEE THEM IN? I DON'T EVEN OWN ANYTHING I CAN PLAY THEM ON!
Yes! Visit the Scan and Preserve page. We transfer slides, video tapes, film reels and more for our organizing clients and for clients with large old media collections. If you have only a few memories to transfer, you may want to consider another provider. If you would like to chat about whether Capture Your Photos is a good fit for your needs, please contact us.
ARE YOU A PROFESSIONAL PHOTOGRAPHER?
No, while I love taking pictures, I specialize in helping you organize, preserve and share the lifetime of photos and memories that have already been captured.