organization and scanning
We help people get their digital and printed photos organized, and processes set-up for them to stay that way! This includes...
- getting digital photos off computers, phones, cameras, etc. and into an organized, safe place that is backed up;
- getting printed photos out of drawers, developer envelopes and clear plastic boxes, sorted, and into photo-safe locations; and,
- scanning to help you preserve and share your photos.
We provide in-home and offsite services, as well as organizing packages at all levels to meet your needs.
how it works
We start with a free 30 minute consultation to talk about your goals. From there, we develop a plan, which may include one of our organization packages or a custom package designed specifically for your needs. We provide services in half-day sessions.
Photo organization packages
Please contact us with questions and pricing information.
Additional services can be added to all packages, including additional sessions. Products that may be needed to complete the project are charged separately, such as scanning, photo-safe storage, photo organizing software, etc.
We provide premium scanning services, which includes attention to each individual image. All photos and memorabilia (up to legal size 8.5x14) are scanned locally at 600 dpi. Basic color correction and enhancement and basic file renaming (e.g. SmithScan.jpg) are included. Additional editing and color adjustments, as well as best practice file renaming (e.g. 2015-04-09_Jack_Christmas.jpg), can be requested as an additional service.
You will receive your original back, along with a .jpg file on the media of your choice. Options include a flashdrive, cloud option (e.g. Dropbox), or a DVD. There is an additional $15 charge for flashdrives on orders less than 200 scans.
Ask us about additional copies for family and friends, as well as prints. Additional copies on flashdrives or DVDs are $20/copy.
15% discount on scanning for clients using organizing or album design services. Minimum charge of $15 for stand alone scanning projects.
Organizational TOOLS to help you
For printed photo organizing...
The Legacy Box Collection
The Legacy Box Collection is a series of exclusive products designed to organize and archive your printed photos and memorabilia. For details or to purchase a Legacy Box, please hop over to the products and partners page.
For digital photo organizing...
There are several tools on the market that can be used to organize your digital photo collection. At Capture Your Photos, our goal is to help you find the solution that's right for you. For some, staying with the software that comes with their computer (e.g. Photos for Mac) is the right solution...for others, an outside software is the right choice...and still for others, no software might be the solution. Be assured that we will listen and help you find the one that fits your needs.
Because we get asked...here are two of our favorite software tools for photo organization. For more information on why or help in determining the digital solution that is right for you, contact us.
For long-term preservation of your family's memories...
Forever Storage is a Cloud Storage solution. Unlike other storage services, which allow you to ‘rent’ storage on a monthly basis, you pay once for your Forever Storage® Account, and it’s yours – forever. Forever guarantees the protection of your memories for your lifetime plus 100 years. With Forever Storage you get:
- Storage guaranteed for generations
- Photos preserved in highest resolution
- Files migrated to newer formats as old formats become obsolete
- To maintain legal ownership of your content and storage space
- Control over who can view your photos. Trust your data will not be mined or sold to advertisers
- Easy uploads
- To preserve keepsakes, artwork and family artifacts
- Mobile access with the ability to upload from Apple and Android smartphones and tablets
- Share seamlessly within an authentic friends and family group, as well as via email and social networks using a link you control